Web de modelismo / Air, land & sea modeling site

TNH P-S

Carro de combate checo
Czech tank


DATOS TÉCNICOS
(TNH)
TECHNICAL DATA
(TNH)
TIPO:Carro ligero. TYPE:Light tank.
TRIPULANTES:4 CREW:4
ANCHURA:1’82 m. WIDTH:6.74 ft.
LONGITUD:4’26 m. LENGTH:14.11 ft.
ALTURA:2’13 m. HEIGHT:7.2 ft.
PESO:9.700 kg. WEIGHT:21,385 lb.
MOTOR:Un motor de gasolina de 6 cilindros refrigerado por agua Praga EPA de 125 hp. a 2.200 rpm. ENGINE:One 6-cylinder water-cooled Praga EPA gasoline engine developing 125 hp. at 2,200 rpm.
AUTONOMÍA:

  • Carretera:200 km.
  • Campo a través:143 km.
RANGE:

  • Road:125 ml.
  • Cross-country:89 ml.
ARMAMENTO:

  • Un cañón Skoda A7 L/47.8 de 37 mm. (3.7 cm KwK L/45 o bien 37 mm KwK L/40 en versiones alemanas).
  • Una ametralladora 7165 CZ Tipo 37 de 7’92 mm. coaxial al cañón.
  • Una ametralladora 7165 CZ Tipo 37 de 7’92 mm. en la parte delantera del casco.
ARMAMENT:

  • One 37 mm Skoda A7 L/47.8 (3.7 cm KwK L/45 or 37 mm KwK L/40 in German versions).
  • One 7.92 mm 7165 CZ Type 37 MG coaxial to the main armament.
  • One 7.92 mm 7165 CZ Type 37 MG in the hull.
MUNICIÓN:

  • 37 mm.:90 proyectiles.
  • 7’92 mm.:2.550 proyectiles.
AMMO:

  • 37 mm.:90 rounds.
  • 7’92 mm.:2,550 rounds.
BLINDAJE:10-50 mm. ARMOR:0.39-1.9 in.
VELOCIDAD MÁX.:

  • Carretera:42 km/h.
  • Campo a través:15 km/h.
MAX. SPEED:

  • Road:25 mph.
  • Cross-country:9’3 mph.
VERSIONES:6 VERSIONS:6
CONSTRUIDOS:130 BUILT:130

En 1937 la situación internacional se deterioraba rápidamente, por ello el ejército checo hizo pública una solicitud para la obtención de un nuevo carro de combate. Esta vez el ejército estaba decidido a que los problemas surgidos con el carro ligero LT vz 35 cuando entró en servicio, derivados de su falta de pruebas, no se volvieran a repetir. Skoda presentó sus S-ll-a and S-ll-b, mientras que CKD hizo lo propio con un LT vz 35 con idéntica transmisión y motor que el carro TNH, un LTL, el modelo TNH P-S (que ya se fabricaba para la exportación) y un nuevo carro medio llamado V-8-H. Durante las intensas pruebas se consideró al TNH P-S como el mejor diseño y el 1 de julio de 1938 fue adoptado como carro estándar del ejército checo con la designación LT vz 38, aunque ninguno había entrado en servicio en el momento de la ocupación alemana en 1939. El vehículo siguió en producción para el ejército alemán entre 1939 y 1942, fabricándose más de 1.400 unidades con la designación Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) Ausf S a PzKpfw 38(t) Ausf G. (Ausführung es el término alemán para modelo o versión). Los alemanes también exportaron 69 vehículos a Eslovaquia, 102 a Hungría, 50 a Rumanía y 10 a Bulgaria. Durante la invasión de Francia el carro fue empleado por la 7ª y 8ª División Panzer y siguió en servicio como carro ligero hasta 1941-42.

El casco y torreta estaban remachados y la parte superior de la superestructura ajustada mediante pernos. El blindaje mínimo era de 10 mm. y el máximo de 25 mm., si bien a partir del Ausf E se aumentó a 50 mm. El conductor iba sentado a la derecha de la parte delantera del vehículo, con el ametrallador a su izquierda. Este último manejaba una ametralladora MG 37(t) de 7’92 mm. La torre de dos tripulantes estaba situada en el centro del casco e iba armada con un cañón Skoda A7 de 37’2 mm., que podía disparar tanto munición perforante como de alto explosivo (HE) y poseía una elevación de +12º y una depresión de -6º. A la derecha del cañón llevaba otra ametralladora coaxial de 7’92 mm. La munición comprendía 90 proyectiles de 37 mm. y 2.550 de 7’92 mm. El motor estaba situado en la parte trasera del casco unido a la transmisión que tenía una marcha atrás y cinco hacia delante. La suspensión de cada lado consistía en cuatro grandes ruedas con anillos exteriores de caucho montadas en parejas en amortiguadores, la rueda tractora estaba delante y la tensora detrás y tenía dos rodillos de retorno.

Al quedar desfasado, el PzKpfw 38(t) fue muy empleado como vehículo de reconocimiento, algunos de ellos incluso tuvieron instalada la torre del automóvil ligero SdKfz 222 con su cañón de 20 mm. El chasis del modelo M fue también empleado como base para un gran número de vehículos, como el cazacarros Marder, al que se le dotó de una nueva superestructura con un cañón anticarro de 75 mm., varios cañones autopropulsados de 15 cm., un cañón de 20 mm. AA autopropulsado, otros varios tipos de armamento y el cazacarros Hetzer por nombrar sólo algunos de ellos. Este último estaba armado con un cañón de 75 mm. emplazado en una cámara de combate totalmente cerrada con giro limitado, que fue considerado uno de los mejores vehículos de su tipo en la Segunda Guerra Mundial. Se fabricaron 2.584 entre 1944 y 1945, continuando su producción para el ejército checo tras la guerra. Otros 158 se vendieron a Suiza en 1946-47 con la designación G-13. Estos fueron retirados del servicio a finales de los años 60.


 


In 1937 the international situation was rapidly deteriorating, so the Czech army issued a requirement for a new light tank. This time the army was determined that the troubles encountered with the LT vz 35 light tank when it entered service, resulting from a lack of testing, would not be repeated. Skoda entered its S-ll-a and S-ll-b, while CKD entered an LT vz 35 with the engine and transmission of the TNH tank, the LTL, the TNH P-S (already produced for export) as well as a new medium tank called the V-8-H. During the extensive trials the TNH P-S was found to be the best design and on 1 July 1938 was adopted as the standard light tank of the Czech army under the designation LT vz 38, but none had entered service at the time of the German occupation in 1939. The vehicle remained in production for the German army between 1939 and 1942, more than 1,400 being built under the designation Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) Ausf S to PzKpfw 38(t) Ausf G. (Ausführung is the German word for model or mark). The Germans also exported 69 vehicles to Slovakia, 102 to Hungary, 50 to Romania and 10 to Bulgaria. During the invasion of France the tank was used by the 7th and 8th Panzer Divisions, and continued in service as a light tank until 1941-2.

The hull and turret of the vehicle were of riveted construction, the top of the superstructure being bolted into position. Minimum armour thickness was 10 mm. (0.4 in.) and maximum thickness 25 mm. ( 1 in.), although from the Ausf E this was increased to 50 mm. (1.96 in.). The driver was seated at the front of the tank on the right, with the bow machine-gunner to his left and operating the 7.92-mm.(0,31-in.) MG 37(t) machine-gun. The two-man turret was in the centre of the hull and armed with a 37.2-mm. Skoda A7 gun, which could fire both armour-piercing and HE rounds with an elevation of +12° and a depression of -6°. Mounted coaxial with and to the right of the main armament was another 7.92-mm. (0,31-in.) machine-gun. Totals of 90 rounds of 37-mm. and 2,550-rounds of machine-gun ammunition were carried. The engine was at the rear of the hull and coupled to a transmission with one reverse and five forward gears. Suspension on each side consisted of four large rubber-tyred road wheels suspended in pairs on leaf springs, with the drive sprocket at the front and idler at the rear, and with two track-return rollers.

When outclassed as a tank the PzKpfw 38(t) was widely used as a reconnaissance vehicle, and the Germans even fitted some chassis with the turret of the SdKfz 222 light armoured car complete with its 20-mm. cannon. The chassis of the light tank was also used as the basis for a large number of vehicles including the Marder tank destroyer, which was fitted with a new superstructure armed with 75-mm. (2.95-in.) anti-tank gun, various selfpropelled 15-cm. (5.9-in.) guns, a 20-mm. self-propelled anti-aircraft gun, several types of weapons carriers and the Hetzer tank destroyer, to name just a few. The last was armed with a 75-mm. (2.95-in.) gun in a fully enclosed fighting compartment with limited traverse, and was considered by many to be one of the best vehicles of its type during World War II. A total of 2,584 was built between 1944 and 1945, and production continued after the war for the Czech army, a further 158 being sold to Switzerland in 1946-7 under the designation G-13. These were finally withdrawn from service in the late 1960s.


FUENTES Y REFERENCIA – SOURCES & REFERENCE
Chris Bishop (ed.), The Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War II, Barnes & Noble Books, 1998.

 

©jmodels.net

A %d blogueros les gusta esto: